Day by day the new inventions are getting increased and making every human life more accessible and comfortable; Expandable Garden Hose is one of the best invention added to the garden hose field, all consider these invention has brought up the revolutionary change in the wash the car or regularly watering plants without much effort.
Best Expandable Garden Hoses – 3 Important things you need to know
In this article, we will deal entirely with the expandable garden hoses in detail.
Expandable Garden Hoses | What are they?
As per the name, the hoses are capable of extending up to 3 times when compared to the original length when there is too much of pressure on them. When the pressure gets reduced the hose contracts to its original size, they are designed to be less in weight when compared to the regular garden hoses.
The expandable garden hoses have more flexibility so that it has the capability of nonkinking, self-draining, untangling and nontwisting. They can be stored in any small places due to their design and compactness.
How to use these garden hoses to last longer
Proceed below to check out few instruction that you need to follow to ensure the life cycle of the expandable garden hoses.
- Check whether the hose will fill completely with water when you are using it for the first time. Also, the valve needs to be in off, stretch and expand them well, once they are extended make the water from them to release and follow the same process before using them continuously.
- Make sure you have attached the spray nozzle with nine setting to the opposite end of the hose.
- If the hose is expanded thoroughly, then start using them.
- At the source, you need to turn off the water when you are not using the hose.
- To drain the water from the hose entirely, you need to squeeze the nozzle and allow it to contract to its preferred length as the original.
- Never make use of the garden hoses to drink water from them.
- Make sure you are not leaving the expandable hose in the sun for an extended period, similarly do not leave them in severe winter too.
- Be careful while using the hose at the sharp or in the concrete edges.
- Ensure to keep your hose dry in the shade and indoor to have the longer life cycle.
What are the factors you need to look for while buying an expandable garden hose?
Here are some of the checklist you need to check out while getting an expandable garden hose for you.
- Make sure to check for the inner tube material, their manufacturer, where they get manufactured, etc. for the originality.
- If the hose is TPU, then it should have a shorter lifespan and are made of cheaper quality.
- In case of Latex, there is the high chance for coming for long years.
- Make sure whether the connectors are made of plastic or brass.
- Check whether the inner tube is not latex in the case of brass connectors as they have the chance of triggering the chemical reaction and your hose may get bust within few uses.
- In the case of plastic connectors, check for the plastic quality.
- Check the size of the garden hose will match as per your garden type.
- The fabric quality needs to be checked.
- How many years warranty on the product from the manufacturer needs to be ensured before grabbing the garden hose for you.
Make sure to check all the above needs things before getting a garden hose for your garden or any other use.
Any ideas, queries, and suggestion on best garden hoses are welcome.
What type of garden hose do you use for your garden? Share us your experience through the comment section below.